May 24, 2018 : Posting Date
May 25, 2018 : Effective Date
eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal and ICWE GmbH are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We want to ensure that you get the opportunities, information, content, news, and experiences that are of most interest to you. eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal and ICWE GmbH is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients, members, readers, speakers, delegates, exhibitors, sponsors, partners, employees, contractors, volunteers, and other contacts.
Information We Collect
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the information or support you request. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH may collect the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained below:
- Your full name, email address, phone number, job title, and company affiliation, when you contact eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH and/or subscribe to one of the services on our website.
- If you decide to register and/or purchase a ticket for one of our events, we or our third-party payment service processors may collect your purchase and payment information.
- This may contain your mailing address, Taxpayer Identification (SSN, EIN), or other government-issued identification, signature, and credit card or bank account information.
- Information about the device(s) you use
- Information about service usage
- Authentication data
- Other information you voluntarily provide to us
How We Use Your Information
eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions. eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH uses personal information such as name, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about event participation. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order and may need to share some of this information with credit card clearing houses and banks to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new opportunities and developments.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of our website. eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of our websites (for example, to facilitate navigation, avoid duplicate data entry, and enhance security).
- To communicate with you about a meeting, conference, or event (collectively, “events”.) We may communicate with you about an event hosted, organised or co-sponsored by eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH or one of our business associates. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in an event managed by eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH on behalf of a third party, may be shared with the said party, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of that party. eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH may contact you after an event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties you may meet at an eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH event may directly request your personal information at their event booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
- To update you on relevant eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH programmes and opportunities. We may communicate with you regarding relevant programmes and opportunities available to you, as part of the eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH community.
- To get feedback or input from you. In order to deliver services of most interest to our community, we may ask, via email, and/or our website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys, usability studies, focus groups).
How We Share Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store information in locations outside the direct control of eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH (for instance, on servers or databases with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available on our sites or social media channels, such as posting comments on our blog page, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our sites, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our sites or 3rd party services (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn), or if other users have copied or saved that information. You will need to contact or login into the third party applications, if you want the personal information that was posted to their sites removed. To learn how a third party uses your information, please review their specific privacy policies.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage of data, URLs, company presentations, website metrics, etc.) with our partners. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
Personal data about minors and children
eLearning Africa, eLearning Africa News Portal / ICWE GmbH does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 18 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us.
Storage and Processing
We may use third-party service providers to, process and store your information in the European Union.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the service.
- If you wish to access or amend any personal data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, please contact us at the address below. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
- You may update, correct or delete your information and preference at any time by contacting us or our third party services providers.
- Any changes you make will be reflected in active user database instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligation, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the services we offer.
- At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Your European Union privacy rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about or avail yourself of those rights, please send an email to the address below with “GDPR Request” in the subject line. In the email please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with.
Data protection provisions about the application and use of Google Analytics (with anonymization function)
On this website, the controller has integrated the component of Google Analytics (with the anonymizer function). Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
For the web analytics through Google Analytics the controller uses the application “_gat. _anonymizeIp”. By means of this application the IP address of the Internet connection of the data subject is abridged by Google and anonymised when accessing our websites from a Member State of the European Union or another Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyze the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, inter alia, to evaluate the use of our website and to provide online reports, which show the activities on our websites, and to provide other services concerning the use of our Internet site for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. The definition of cookies is explained above. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyze the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and into which a Google Analytics component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject will automatically submit data through the Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of personal information, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves Google, inter alia, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by the data subject. With each visit to our Internet site, such personal data, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
The data subject may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics/.